Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Rise And Fall - I Dance My Dance [2003]


First of all, this isn't that other Rise And Fall. This is the Japanese band and they do not play metalcore. Now that that's out of the way, here's the Japanese Rise And Fall releasing their debut album on HG Fact. They haven't done much that I can see after this release, but I think they might still be together.

I picked this up in Japan in 2003. I can't remember if someone recommended it, or if I just got it because it was from HG Fact and wasn't a normal thrash/hardcore release from them. Also, the art is really cool looking, so that might've caught my eye as well.

Rise and Fall's sound is reminiscent of 1000travels of Jawaharlal and Infro. The disparate factor is the vocals, which are ran through some weird delay and honestly sound like garbage. To some, it might completely ruin the music, but I find that it's not that bad once you get used to it. But really, the vocals on this recording were horribly done. I can imagine that live they would be much better.

No videos of the band, because of their insanely generic name...

Rise And Fall - I Dance My Dance
1. boardgame players
2. on the radio
3. standing still
4. Last Promise
5. Leave In pt.2
6. Enough
7. glides down
8. bitter struggle of the atheist
9. common foundation
10. ill dance my dance

No comments:

Post a Comment