Monday, June 18, 2012

Beirut5 - A Machinic Exodus [2003]


Well, I had a little bit of a break last week. Sorry about the weird posting-ness. I'm going to try and get back on schedule this week.

This is the Salvation-released edition of Beirut5's debut album, A Machinic Exodus. And, I don't know what a "Machinic" is either, it's not a typo. Beirut5 are from the Kansai area, and I think they have members in some of the other Kansai bands, but I can't be sure. I'm working on a lengthy interview with Jerome Salvation right now, so that will provide some more insight into this release.

Beirut5 has a sort of raw Japanese screamo sound, ala Carnival of Dark-Split, with lots of swirling electronics and buzzing keyboards. Some really great stuff.

I still have a couple of these in the distro, so you can buy it here if you like it!


1. Birth Of PPPPP
2. End Of Violence
3. Deep Focus
4. Boy Division
5. Sick
6. A Machinic Exodus
7. Narcosis
8. Distance No Resistance
9. Void
10. Mars On Earth (Violater's Hype Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment