Thursday, June 28, 2012

[Bandcamp] Forms of Talk - Tape [2012]


Forms of Talk is a new band out of Tokyo, 2/3 non-Japanese (or gaijin). They run in the same circles in Tokyo as From Ten To Nine, Asthenia, and Document Not Found. Two weeks ago they released their first cassette, but also had the foresight to put it up on bandcamp as well, which is great for us that don't live over there. You can even name your own price!

I don't have a lot of background in this sort of dissonant, post-punk stuff, so I had John from The Song of Delight help me out. I'm just going to paste our conversation:


Ryan:
can you tell me what this sounds like?
http://formsoftalk.bandcamp.com/
i just can't really place it right now
John:
its a very 90s emotive hardcore vibe for me, Shotmaker or something like that
honestly getting a huge Ambassador 990 vibe

So there you have it, folks. 90s emotive hardcore. It pretty much hits the nail on the head, I think. It reminded me a lot of Union of Snakes, just as my most recent reference. It's good and has a fat recording. It's seems like the band's only been together for a few months now, so I'm excited to see what they do next. If this sounds like something you're interested in, you should definitely check it out.

Here's a live vid during one of their practices:





1. Stras
2. Positional
3. No Soul
4. Cables
5. Mountain Worker

1 comment:

  1. No way! this is truly revival of great old school sound, like as Asthenia. Damn it's so good.

    ReplyDelete