Thursday, July 5, 2012

New Stuff in the Distro!


I don't mention my distro as much as I think maybe I should, but this past week or so has been really good with new stuff and I thought it would be cool to bring up some of the new releases in there that you can get your hands on RIGHT NOW. So without further ado, here are some of the highlights of the new Japanese stuff I've got:
Two of the best epic screamo bands in Japan today. Madpress has a very strong Forget me not vibe, but are a little more aggressive with it. In the Unknown plays similar, but have a different feel to their melodies. Overall, this has really been one of my favorite releases of 2012 (even though it came out in 2011). When I was able to get this in the distro, I literally girl-screamed with joy. Do yourself a huge favor and get this now.
You may remember Midnight Parade from when I wrote about them a few weeks ago. This is their newest release and offers up two more of their post-rock influenced emo songs. Kitten shares members with Document Not Found and Stereo Type, and play some very angular and frenetic screamo. This CD just comes together so well with both bands contributing stellar songs and blowing away my expectations.
I don't think I hide my love of Tetola93, but if I didn't mention it yet today: I love Tetola93. They're just so extreme, playing with so much passion and originality, it's everything that is right about music. This is their newest output and arguably their best songs to date. I usually call them a mashup of Killie and Louise Cyphre, but I feel like there's more to it (there is). Regardless, if you like loudish music, Tetola93 could be your next favorite band. They split the disc with Visyaaa, who play some wild thrash done really well.
5 amazing bands playing in 5 distinct styles. This disc is great not only because of the quality of each band, but because it totally mixes it up. Sort of like a compilation, but more tracks from each band so they really sink in. FLEX play have a sort of DC-style emotional hardcore, but updated to 2011 (when this was release). Nothing, nothing, nothing have former members of Next Style & Dignity For All and play a more Ebullition influenced late-90's emotional hardcore style. Blue Ray Dance play that San Diego wild screamo sound, ala Swing Kids. TG.Atlas play angular post-hardcore, influenced by The Jesus Lizard. And finally, Threadyarn remind me of that Sapporo screamo sound, ala The Carnival of Dark-Split. Overall, really good stuff here for everybody.
And that's not all the new stuff, I just didn't want to make this post too long. Here are some more things I've stocked recently:




No comments:

Post a Comment