Monday, April 16, 2012

[Screamo week!] Week of 04/15/2012

(L->R) Tamao, Yuichi, Ponchi, Me - in Singapore for Gauge Means Nothing tour
Oh yeah, it's freakin' screamo week. I guess this stuff is supposed to be called scramz now... but that makes me sad-face. See, I think this stuff is called different things by three different generations of kids. First, there were the ones who were into hardcore in the 80's and 90's. They probably call it emo, because that's kind of what it was back then. I became aware of this stuff from the late 90's into the 2000's. I call it screamo because why the hell not. Then there are the people getting into it now. Screamo is usually used to describe radio bands these days, so they needed a new word. I say fuck it, I'm calling it screamo. It's just a word that is meaningless anyways. (also, I love how I say I don't care about music titles/genres but I seem to talk about it all the time)

So, this is screamo week on here, which will probably be the last of my themed weeks for awhile. I tried to pick stuff that was both really, really good and also not available online yet. It was a bit of a challenge to find stuff not online, because I've posted a lot of my stuff online since I got it. I find it in the weirdest places, with the most random people listening to it. But, I did find 3 things that I couldn't find anywhere else that are also high up on my list.

On Tuesday, I'll be posting where you can buy MP3's of good japanese screamo right now. I was pretty surprised with all the stuff I found, actually. And Thursday I'll be posting an interview I did with Blue Friend. I was really impressed with how it came out and I think you guys will enjoy it. Here's the schedule:

Monday - Note - I Left a Note For My Friend Who Was Out [2006]
     - Intense envy worship. I can't get enough of this shit.
Tuesday - BUY SOME FUCKING JAPANESE SCREAMO ONLINE RIGHT NOW!!
     - A bunch of Japanese screamo you can find on Amazon MP3, iTunes, and Spotify.
Wednesday - Anchor - Kizu [2001]
     - Acoustic based Japanese screamo. Very unique.
Thursday - [Interview] Blue Friend Interview
     - Interview with Blue Friend guitar/vocalist Sho.
Friday - Mynameis... - Tokyo Plastic [2006]
     - Singing/Shouting screamo. This is one of my favorite bands these days.

1 comment:

  1. this is definitely a week I can get behind, since I don't seem to know any of these bands (the only stuff I've found readily available is basically OTO Records stock)

    that Anchor bound sounds really awesome already

    ReplyDelete