Wednesday, April 25, 2012

[Bandcamp] Pastafasta - split with Swarrrm [2011]


I picked up the Pastafasta/Swarrrm split CD from CCJ Records for Swarrrm. I've been a huge fan of them since I grabbed their Swarrrm/Fugaku split CD back in 2002. In 2003 I even bough a shirt of theirs from Allman, which I still wear to this day. They've done amazing work as the band evolved from Against Again to Nise Kyuseishu Domo to Black Bong, their sound becoming more and more unique and inventive. But when I got this CD, I almost forgot all about Swarrrm because of Pastafasta's tracks.

Pastafasta is a three-piece from Tokyo with a horrible name. Maybe you like it, but to me, it doesn't sound like a band I would want to listen to. Their sound, though, is completely different. They play raging hardcore thrash that reminds me of The Futures, Youth Enrage, and Exclaim. The best of Japanese hardcore with a wicked sense of humor. These songs just hit all the right notes with perfectly played drums, wild guitars, rumbling bass, and dual shrieking vocals.

It's not often that I'm surprised when I get CDs or records. I usually know what I'm buying. Pastafasta was the best kind of surprise, and now they've put their tracks up on Bandcamp for you to listen and buy. Check out the video below and the bandcamp link.




1. GET STONE GO MAD
2. 狂乱
3. PYRAMID CORPSE
4. UNDER MY DOMINATION
5. SUMMER ENDS SUN

No comments:

Post a Comment