Tuesday, March 6, 2012

[Bandcamp] Cofun - "We Practice Our Songs" Demo [2012]


Most of the stuff I post on here is old, but that doesn't mean there isn't awesome things going on in Japan today. I try to only post out of print stuff, so that existing bands can sell their stuff without downloads ruining it. With that being said, I definitely want to post more about current stuff, and free stuff on bandcamp makes that happen quickly! (hint hint to other Japanese bands).

So, this morning, this video popped into my Youtube box:

It's from a band I'd never heard called Blue Friend. Well, they're pretty awesome, and I looked at the complete bandlist for this show, which happened on 3/4/12 (how's that for recent?). I'm still building out my Band Links page, and take every new flyer I see as a chance to add another band I hadn't seen before. There were a few, and on doing some research, I found that cofun has a bandcamp with their whole demo on it! Released last month! Please, young Japanese hardcore bands, we need more of this. Bandcamp is an insanely great platform and everyone should use it.

Anyways. Cofun plays lighter, USA-style screamo with some Japanese flair. I couldn't tell you who they sound like (it's early), but it fits pretty well into what other bands have done before. There's a whole 8 songs and the download is completely free. And give the thing a like. There are no likes! So sad!



1. a
2. b
3. c
4. d
5. e
6. f
7. g
8. h

No comments:

Post a Comment